Sunday, June 13, 2010

Todays Message...

Church today was great. The message was quite thought provoking.

The verse we read from was II Timothy 1:6-9:
“Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in the by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began…”

The prayer my pastor suggested and that stuck with me was:
“Lord cleanse my mind and get the clutter out!”

I like this prayer and this line of thought – we are told in the Bible that God provided us with the spirit of power, love and of a sound mind. That sounds wonderful to me. Often times I get distracted and forget what I was going to say, or what I was going to a different room for.

These verses and today’s message gives me comfort in knowing that through God and prayer I have the power to claim a sound mind free of clutter and forgetfulness.
God is SO GOOD!

Today was an all around a good day in a weekend that has been too short! Lunch and Best Buy with mom and a good friend. Lonestar steakhouse on Rodney Parham is good food and great service!

Got a text from my sister last night as she was having a blast at the CMA fest in Nashville…. Yes, I’m jealous, but I’m glad she was out there having a great time.
She said I should join her next year… I think I should too! =)

I’m not loving the fact that Sunday is almost done, and I have to go back to work tomorrow… I am a firm believer that we should have four (4) day work weeks and three (3) day weekends! Who’s with me?

So far so good, on a fun journey to the end of my twenties…

See ya tomorrow for another entry!

Hugs & Smiles and thanks to those reading my ramblings! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment