Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A day late...

6-15-10

So after comments from two of my dear sisters on my Facebook status, regarding feeling terrible about not writing a blog yesterday, I will be writing two today! =) Thanks y’all!

This is the first one; we are going to call it “The tragedy that is procrastination and forgetfulness …”

When I was trying to determine yesterday what to write about, I looked at my calendar and liked the verse that was presented there, Luke 9:62: “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
The verse I just quoted is from the KJV (my usual preferred version), however the calendar quotes from a version called The Message and it reads “No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God’s kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day.”

I think the KJV is prettier, however The Message brings the point home. Procrastination is one of my big downfalls sometimes, as is looking back. I look back at my life and wonder what I could have done or said differently (as mentioned in a previous blog).

Procrastination used to get me in trouble in school. I was forever waiting until the last minute to write papers and complete projects. I have grown out of that to a degree, but sometimes, to my great dismay, I let things cloud my brain and end up procrastinating still.

The other verse I considered writing about yesterday was one posted on Facebook posted by one of the aforementioned dear sisters… Numbers 6:24-26 reads “The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord life up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.” These verses are my confirmation that God intends to bless us all. I knew that already, as I am greatly blessed. But I love seeing it in black and white that God is going to bless his Children! Yay!

Part of the reason I didn’t write yesterday was that I didn’t have time and part was that I wanted to write after I got home. Then I got home late and straight up forgot.

On to the forgetfulness part of this tragedy – I AM ONLY 29 YEARS OLD!! I should not be this forgetful!! But sure as anything, if I don’t write something down, I will forget it. I have to write things in my calendar and make sticky notes galore… Even then sometimes, I still forget. =(
I know to a degree, this is natural, but it is such a bummer for me. I hate that feeling of knowing there is something I need to be doing or something I should have done, but I just can’t quite remember what it was. It is so FRUSTRATING! I think, okay, I can remember that just for a few short hours, until I get home, then I get home and it doesn’t cross my mind again. Or if it does occur to me, it is in the form of a fleeting thought, “hmm, there was something I needed to do – what was it?!” I’m not sure which is worse – both are incredibly frustrating and make me feel foolish. My mom says “you’re too young for that.” Well yeah, that’s the way I feel too. But what can I do to fix it?

Here’s a great example – I thought I was finished with this blog – until I was reading back through it and realized I had completely forgotten to write the forgetfulness part. Really?! Are you kidding me?! I just wonder, “What the heck is going on in my head sometimes???”

Okay, now I will consider myself done with that topic and ready to back track a bit, but also move on… Yesterday, I wanted to wait to write my entry, because I wanted to be able to include the fact that I worked out again! I am so proud of myself for going back to the gym after missing Monday…

I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill in 40 minutes, and worked out my abs! I was feeling so good! =)

Okay, that’s enough of this entry… Moving on to today! =)


1 comment: