Friday, June 18, 2010

God is in the House!

I had been planning what to write in this entry off and on throughout the day. Ideas had been occurring, things had been happening and I decided that at the end of the day, I would put it all together and write it out. I got home around 11 pm, sat down in my recliner, played a couple games of Facebook Family Feud and promptly fell asleep. I woke up a couple of times, but not enough to move until around 1am – too late for it to still be the 6-17-10 entry. =( So, once again, I am a day late and a dollar short, but here is my entry anyway…

6-17-10

I experienced another interesting day. It started off not so great. I woke up feeling as crappy as I had gone to bed feeling the night before. That is not good. I prefer to wake up refreshed, headache free and ready for the day. Or at the very least, not as crappy as when I went to bed… Haha! I rarely wake up headache free, but that’s a story for another day.

I went to work and then thankfully was able to spend some time at the gym!! WAHOO!! Gym time was so great. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill and walked a mile and a half. I am feeling so good about that. Then I did some serious ab work. Oh yeah, I FELT IT! =) Then off to the sauna – such a nice treat for myself. A quick shower, then off to church.

My church, Faith in Action, who is part of the Faith In Action Fellowship Ministries is having its annual convention this weekend. Tonight was the opening night. We began around 7:30 pm. What a blessing it was!

The praise and worship and messages given were so moving and encouraging. Immediately following service and prayer we had food and fellowship – another blessing. It is always nice to spend time with other people who believe in and love the Lord like you do.

I’m gonna back up in my day for a moment. While at the gym, I was talking to one of my new friends. She too is a Christian and we were talking about God and his love and listening for his guidance in our lives. It is so amazing to be able to talk about God with near strangers everywhere you go, just because we share a common love for God. God is Good!

The day ended well – in the house of the Lord, surrounded by His love – taking it home with me. I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment