Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6-20-10 - Happy Father's Day

To my wonderful father whom I love and miss so much ~ Happy Father’s Day!

Happy Father’s Day also to Uncle Charlie, Daddy Lowell, and Daddy Wayne – you all went home to be with the Lord entirely too soon for my tastes. I am sure you are up there having a great big ‘ole party, just waitin on the rest of us to make it up there.

Happy Father’s Day to any and all Dad’s reading this blog. You are all appreciated and loved very much.

This blog is in honor of my Daddy. My Daddy was Lewis Anderson Webb (the first and best). He was a treasure to know with a temper to fear. My Daddy passed away March 11, 2006 and I miss him so very much. Mom and I took him flowers today. One of our dear friends went with us. We also put flowers on Daddy Lowell’s grave – they are both in the same cemetery.

My Daddy was a hero to me. Daddy did so many wonderful things and was a great man. He rode motorcycles, was the Director of Security at ACH, loved to learn and had a heart of gold, especially towards children.

Daddy and Lowell Lemon (my Daddy # 2) were best friends. They went hunting, motorcycle riding and shooting together. Heck, they even worked together. They called each other brother and meant it.

Daddy and Daddy Lowell both loved wolves. Daddy’s longtime nickname was Los Lobo (Lone Wolf) and for a long time that’s what he was. Oh yeah, he had me and mom, but when it came to riding and other activities, he would often go it alone, until he met Lowell, then they were constantly hanging out together and Daddy became less of a lone wolf.

Another nickname of Daddy’s from the motorcycle world was Lil Buddha, which is a nickname I gave to him at an event one Saturday. Daddy was always doing something in the motorcycle community. Whether it was a meeting with whoever he was riding with, or a project for the March of Dimes Bikers for Babies, or Christian Motorcyclists Association, or the American Legion Riders, Daddy always took pride in the work he did for others.

Daddy gave to many organizations and groups of his time and love. He would help as much as possible and in whatever way he was needed. At local events he would help with security and keeping the bikes and those in attendance safe.

Daddy was an EMT and would stop to help anyone who needed help. Including stopping and going back on Hwy 65 when he heard a wreck behind him on the way to Missouri one time. He turned the bike around went back and was assessing the situation and helping the driver of the car that had been hit when the Ambulance and police arrived to take over the situation.

I remember one time, while visiting my grandma’s farm in Missouri before I was even old enough to drive, Daddy letting me drive his truck (a dodge ram charger – big) between hay bales. I told mom that story the other day – she didn’t know it… Apparently that was a Daddy-daughter secret at the time.

The fond memories are the ones I hold onto and cherish the most. The sweet poem/letter he wrote me for my birthday one year. The cards he made on the computer, when he was too busy to go the store. The little things he did to show me that I was his baby girl and he loved me. I had the best Daddy in the world (to me) and I wish he was still here!

He should be here to give me away when I get married and gush over my first child, instead he will be watching over those joyous occasions from Heaven. I keep reminding myself that’s God’s will, but I really think I’m gonna have to ask God “WHY?”, when I get up to Heaven someday! =)

My Daddy was a special a man and I miss him so very much. I visited him and Daddy Lowell today and took them both flowers to celebrate them on Father’s Day. They both took such good care of me and their families.

Those who knew my Daddy, Uncle Charlie, Daddy Lowell or Daddy Wayne were blessed beyond measure, because each was a special and amazing man. I love you all dearly and am looking forward to seeing you in Heaven someday.

Church this morning was very nice. The pastor preached a sermon reminding us that without man, none of us would be here today. God made man first in his image. Wow, we have a lot to live up to, but with God’s help we CAN DO IT!

Men are important – they are our fathers, brothers, husbands, and leaders. They need prayers for strength and guidance from the Lord and they need our love and support. Pray for the men you love for forgiveness and guidance – for God to touch their hearts and lead them in His way, that they might be leaders for their families and be strong in the ways of the Lord.
 
Speaking of my Daddy and our love of motorcycles and motorcycle events. 
Here is a photo taken 'round about 2000 at a Bike Show...  I miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment