Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7-9-10 ~ ~ ~ ~ Happy Birthday To Me!!! =)

Friday July 9, 2010



Aloha! ~ Happy 30th Birthday Athena! ~ Aloha!


Birthday Babe!! ;-)
Today is the BIG day! I turn thirty (30) today and it is the end of my “Thirty days to the Big 30” Blog writing project.

This has turned out to be a really good project for me. I feel like I have accomplished something pretty cool, even though I didn’t do it exactly like I wanted (writing every day)… I still feel pretty good about the outcome.



I only worked half a day today because I had so much to do before my party this evening.


When I got to work, it had been decorated by my coworkers and friends, CJ, Pam and MaryJo with Palm Trees, Balloons that read “30 …the party continues,” streamers with a big “30” hanging from them, a luau girl with a lei on my door, a pineapple cup, purple shades, purple lei and a big “30” sign for everyone to sign. I loved it and that made my morning! =) Thank y’all!!! =-)








After work, I had to go decorate the Idlewild Party House for my Luau. Mom and I worked together decorating and had fun with that. The Idlewild Party House is a really neat place right off JFK in North Little Rock. It can be rented from the NLR Parks & Rec. office. I really liked that location!




Then I had to run home change clothes and get some more stuff for the party. My sweet sister Ashley and her boyfriend Brian were kind enough to pick up my boyfriend for me, since they were all in the Benton area. My sis is so good to me! She even picked up some last minute items and helped so much when she got there. Come to think of it, Sister Pam also helped with the party! =)




After the Luau, where I had lots of good friends, yummy food and a great time, we cleaned up and those of us who wanted a drink, drove on over to Smokey’s Pub.


At Smokey's Pub, CJ had a table set aside and ready for us.  I drank two absolutely yummy shots of cinnamon liquor!!! I haven’t had that in FOREVER! It was soo good! Eric was with me the whole time and it was wonderful.


Eric surprised me with a kiss as CJ was about to take our picture... I love this! =)

Cheers!! CJ and Marky Mark (hand only pictured) shooting Fireball, while I enjoy HotDamn!


Having Ashley, my mom, Eric and all of my other friends and family there to celebrate with me made my birthday absolutely perfect. Thank you all so much for being a special part of my birthday! Your love and friendship means the world to me. I know some of you couldn’t make it to my party, but still sent your love and best wishes and that means the world to me also. You were missed.




I had a slide show playing during the party of “My Life in Review” with pictures of me growing up. That was fun and my blog from the 8th has a mini version of that slide show. Mom had set up a couple of guessing games, where you had to guess the number of jelly beans in one jar and the number of purple M&M’s in another jar. Our guests had a good time with those games. The winners were both people who have known me since I was a very young girl. One since I was about five (5) the other since I was about eight (8) or nine (9)… Awww…



Me, Pam, Jim, and Ms. Pat. *Jim was one of the game winners.


Me, Pastor Charles and his wife Sister MaryLou. *Sister MaryLous was the other game winner.

I also had a memorial set up for my Daddy and the other family and friends that I have lost over the last several years. I displayed something I had written with a picture of Daddy and a mini Buddha statue, because Daddy’s nickname was “Lil Buddha” and a lit candle that my dear cousin Laura provided me with. That was on the end of the table with the games. At the other end of that table was a beautiful birthday letter that mom had written to me. I thought it was so special and beautiful that it had to be displayed.



Memorial


Memorial, Games, Poster to Sign, and Letter from Mom

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I enjoyed having them at my party!


I have been blessed with amazing parents, a loving family, and the best friends ever! I received numerous (approximately 75) wishes for a Happy Birthday on my Facebook… II am truly grateful for all of those wishes and tried to respond to each one individually!


Best Birthday EVER!
Best Family EVER!
Best Friends EVER!
Best Boyfriend EVER!!!

I am so blessed! God is So Good All of the Time! All of the Time God Is Good!


My Awesome Mom and Me!

Me & My Sister Ashley


Me & My Sweetie Eric


Me & Lil Sis Candace (CandyKid)


Me & Sista Kim


Me & David


Me & CJ

I'm bummed that I don't have a pic of me and Pam to go right here... She was doing most of the picture taking for me and then she left without me snagging her for a photo op... =(

I also missed getting a pic in front of the "aloha" sign with CJ cause she had to jett out to get to Smokey's and get our table ready.

I also missed getting a pic with the Varty Clan...  I'm glad they were there and bummed that there is no photo of all us together! =) / =(


Me, Ashley, Brian, Gretchen, and Daddy Larry.


Me and My Sweetie filling up the punch bowl.



I am dancing the Hula...


Me & Jr... He was being silly!
A picture of Pam talking to Eric, with Brian and Me in the background... At least I have proof Pam was there! =)
Jamie & Jade...  Sadly this photo is missing Maigan, Doug and Payden, but I'm glad I've got part of the Varty Clan! =)
I made a wish blowing out the candles on my beautiful cake!  Thanks mom! =)
Wonder Gal!
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was the song of choice!  My boyfriend is so sweet - he said I didn't suck! 
I know I can't sing!!  It's okay!!  We had FUN!! =)


Aloha and Mahalo.  Thank you so much to everyone once again for making my birthday so special and memorable!  I think I am going to LOVE my thirties!! It's not so bad afterall!!  And things are already off to a WONDERFUL start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment