Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter Ramblings

So awhile back my Cowboy and I were at a restaurant and saw a scene that absolutely infuriated both of us.

On Valentine’s he took me out to dinner and this scene was repeated, much to both of our disappointment.

I know technology is a huge part of daily life for most of us.  I get it - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, texts, emails – there’s a lot going on today, but when you are out to dinner with your family – put the phones away!

Seriously!!!

Let me set the first scene for you…

Parents with three two kids eating lunch, dad glued to his phone and mom glued to her phone.  The kid in the high chair keeps throwing the toy on the floor.  While your first thought may be that the child is acting out and needs to be punished, my thought was that the poor little guy was just trying to get his parents to play with him and his new happy meal toy!  But no go, parents would just pick it up, hand it back to the boy and then go back to their technical devices.  Meanwhile the baby in the stroller is trying to hold up his own bottle to feed himself…

Hello?!

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

If you have been blessed to have children you need to Wake Up and realize that moments with them are precious and few!  These kids are not always going to want you to play with them and be around them.  There will come a time when your kids grow up, move on and don’t want you around as often – are you prepared for that?

Then, why are you wasting time playing on your phone when you could playing with that child?!

 
Scene number two – parent out with two kids…

Mother type figure dressed for “fun” and her two little girls (9-10) are taking care of themselves – thank goodness it was a buffet.  Probably the most nutrition those kids get.

Sorry, I know that sounds ugly, but it frustrates my Cowboy and I, when people who have been blessed with children choose to ignore those kids who are right in front of them just to see the latest “happenings” in the virtual world.

I just want to snap my fingers or clap my hands in front of their faces and say “hey, these people, here in the REAL world right in front of you - your kids – they are more important than what’s going on with that phone – put it away for awhile!”

I think I feel better now – sorry! But thanks for “listening.”

I am out of work right now, so it feels good to be doing something. Even if it just updating my personal blog (which I haven’t done in forever!).

In that vein – I am frustrated with being out of work, but know that God has a plan and I just have to keep praying about it and wait for God to show me the way.


Is anyone else incredibly tired of the winter weather?

I know, I know there are some of you out there who just love it and your kids love it and the winter wonderland playtime is special, but I just can’t take it!!

My poor Cowboy works out in this mess every time and we ARE VERY tired of this winter weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment