Saturday, December 7, 2013

Winter 2013

Ice Storm December 2013

Okay, so I remember as a kid I used to beg for snow days and hope for "winter weather."
I understand now why my parents used to say hearty "NO's" at all my hopeful wishing for a "White Christmas."

I am beyond tired of this winter weather mess that keeps us from doing things that need to be done.  But I am extremely grateful for the Lord's protection for my sweet husband as he works with the AHTD to make the roads safe for travel.  And I am grateful for all those working to keep the power on.  Thank you.

I will be glad when temps warm up and the threat of more winter weather has been completely removed from our forecasts.

I kinda feel bad reading all the FB posts of all the ambitious folks who have been doing so much the last couple of days - getting laundry done, knitting, baking, etc.

I on the other hand have accomplished so very little - making sure my cowboy is taken care of, watching some holiday movies and doing some reading.

Someone needs to teach me how to knit, so that I could at least be a bit productive while watching the holiday movies...  Or maybe I just need to read a book and try to learn on my own?  Would that even be feasible?

I wonder does updating my blog count as being productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment