Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Think I Can... I Think I Can...

Wasn't it Thomas The Train who's motto was "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."?  Well, that is my beginning motto as I start Baptist Health's Ultimate Fitness Challenge.

Monday (3-25-13) around the lunch hour was the first Weigh-In and Challenge for the Spring 2013 BH Ultimate Fitness Challenge.  And our first work-out was Monday evening.

Three teams of two (six contestants total) are competing to win by losing the largest percentage of weight.  We are all women, so you know there is going to be some fierce competition. 

But the greatest competition is within myself - to get over my own hurdles and push through the pain, and soreness from the first day, keep my head up, my smile on and just keep working.

I am so excited to be participating in this program.  I am looking forward to the amazing health benefits that I will reap from being selected to be a contestant in this challenge.  And I want to win!  But at the same time, I am scared - what if I don't do as well as I want to do or what if I let myself or my family down?

I just have to keep telling myself - "I think I can!"  and let that evolve into - "I KNOW I WILL!!"

Please keep me in your prayers as I participate (and succeed) in this 12 week program.  Any words of encouragement will be gladly accepted as well! ;-)

My wonderful husband and super mom are jumping on the bandwagon and working out as well - so this family of mine is getting healthy!  Can I get a Woohoo!? :-)

I am excited!  We are going to be healthy and fit and feel better... And you know how I know that??  Because the Lord is going to give us the strength to accomplish our goals and going walk us through each exercise we have to do.  He is our Lord, our Protector and our Strength - we will be fine!

Wish me, my family and the other contestants Luck?! 
Thanks! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment